[ltp] ISO Suggestions for 750P

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 4 Nov 2006 21:57:06 -0600

I've got a ThinkPad 750P here that holds a special place in my geek heart.
It's my first PC ever, and I want to put Linux on it.

It's got a 33MHz 486, 12GB disk (BIOS sees 8GB), 36MB RAM, a WD90C24 video
chip with 1MB VRAM, and a CS4248 audio chip, and an untethered pen.

I've tried Gentoo (the pain!), Debian and Slackware. I have a floppy drive
and network card, so a lot of distributions start installing just fine.

I'd like to get ALL the devices working. I know it won't be fast, and I know
the svga driver hasn't been ported to the current X distributions.

I know some of you have been using Linux on ThinkPads for a LONG time, so,

What are my best options? (besides recycling)

Thanks,
Chris Schumann