[ltp] Re: What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Christoph Lechleitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:23:10 +0100

Rolf Kutz schrieb:
> On 11/03/08 11:48 +0100, Michael Gaber wrote:
>>>
>>> As of vmx resp. IVT, this is yet another feature that is supported by
>>> the hardware but not by the BIOS or some chipset part, far too often.
>>>

>> since the bios has a switch for VT i think it IS supported by the bios
>> ^^ at least on my t60
>
> It is on mine, too.

My T61p too.

I meantioned the basic possibility of a BIOS not supporting this feature
only to complete my critics against Intel's inconvenient CPU naming.

And I actually have two pieces of a 3 year old MSI mainboard (used in
one desktop and one fileserver) which does support the latest Socket939
CPUs that AMD had been selling until some months ago, but which does not
support AMD's VT counterpart. In this case it's understandable due to
the age of the product.

Regards Christoph