[ltp] Ubuntu 8.10 w/ T60p and FireGL 5250

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 01 Nov 2008 12:00:49 +0000

Yep. Did a clean install of 8.10 last night, everything works like a charm.
The display is fine using standard Xorg and ATI (radeon) driver. System
keeps prompting me to use the restricted fglrx but out-of-the box it
does everything I want, including monitor switching, dual-head and suspend.
It's also the first time I've had the wireless network operating
correctly with the open-source drivers; before I was having to use
ndiswrapper.

Great work Ubuntu team and all involved in the release.
Phil