[ltp] Keyboard issues with intrepid

Thomas Adam linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:47:01 +0000

Hello Phil --

2008/11/10 Phil Shotton <phil@stairbridge.org.uk>:
> After a week of using Intrepid on my T60p I've been very happy until the
> last couple of days, when I've increasingly experienced strange keyboard
> problems. Sometimes when I switch to a window expecting keyboard input
> around 50% of the letter keys don't work - always the same ones.
> Particularly notable is the I key - as I seem to use that a lot!

This sounds like the problem I reported on this list last week or so.
Are you running XScreensaver?  Try killing it and see if your problem
goes away after time.

I realise it's not very scientific, but so far I haven't had the
problems similar to you and I did just this; killed XScreensaver.

-- Thomas Adam