[ltp] [Fwd: Lenovo's reply ...] re SL500

Yves Dorfsman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:55:21 -0700

Laurent wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> Nothing touches Thinkpads for reliability and or build quality.
>>
>> THAT is not true anymore.
>
> OK, so who is the new quality king? Cause i have friends looking for
> new, T-series style laptops.

Yes, I have the same question, I am not ready to fight a company that has
decided to go low quality. If Thinkpad aren't what they used to be anymore,
that means there will be some space in the market for that kind of quality
product, and I'll just switch to that product (while missing the trackpoint !).

Are the toughbooks worth the money they charge for them ?

--
Yves.
http://www.sollers.ca/blog/2008/swappiness