[ltp] Re: problem with tpb on Debian Lenny...

Frédéric BOITEUX linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:31:09 +0200

Le jeu 25 sep 2008 16:41:16 CEST, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
<hmh@hmh.eng.br> a écrit :

> Thinklight, volume and brightness do not export events by default on IBM
> thinkpads, since the firmware acts on them.
>
> Please read the thinkpad-acpi manual, I wrote it for a reason... even if =
it
> is not the lightest or best reading out there, it should explain it all.
>
> It is on Documentation/laptops/thinkpad-acpi.txt in your 2.6.25+ kernel
> tree, or directly in Documentation/ on older kernels.  I also posted a ve=
ry
> recent version of it to this list not too much time ago.

  I thought it was a problem in my setup, not the default behaviour of
the thinkpad_acpi... I'll read [again] the documentation of
Thinkpad_acpi module, in the version shipped with Debian's Linux kernel.

  Sorry for the buzz...
	Fred.