[ltp] OT: proper auto-responders

Tue, 8 Dec 2009 20:14:43 -0200

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009, Shannon McMackin wrote:
> The intent of the out of office is to send a response to all incoming mail
> that the recipient is unavailable to respond.  This is the reason I don't

It is well known (for more than 15 years!) that, when implementing
"vacation"-style auto-responders, you MUST keep track of recipients, and you
MUST send the auto-response only once per recipient per auto-reply.
Sometimes a "per large time period" is also added.

If the auto-reply for Lotus notes does so for *every* message, without
tracking recipients, it deserves being called a menace.

--
  Henrique Holschuh