[ltp] confused about power managment with T520 with Debian with no DE

Jochen Spieker linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 4 Feb 2012 21:18:27 +0100

--Y/WcH0a6A93yCHGr

keitho@strucktower.com:
>=20
> Since I switched away from using a DE I have been confused as to which
> power management tools I should use and how to use them, due to my
> inexperience.
>=20
> The only thing I really need is to enable sleep or suspend at intervals or
> on demand in order to conserve battery,

I am using the awesome WM and have xfce4-power-manager in my
~/.xsession. You can configure actions for various events (idle timeout,
lid closing, low battery, button presses) easily through the GUI
preferences, but apart from the tray icon you don't even notice it is
running.

J.
--=20
I will not admit to failure even when I know I am terribly mistaken and
have offended others.
[Agree]   [Disagree]

--Y/WcH0a6A93yCHGr

--Y/WcH0a6A93yCHGr--