[ltp] X1 vs T431

Piotr Szotkowski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 8 Jul 2013 08:51:07 +0200

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

Sergi Pons Freixes:

> I am between the X1 Carbon Ultrabook[1]
> and the T431s Premium Ultrabook[2].

Note that you can=E2=80=99t extend the memory on the X1 nor replace the hard
disk; also neither X1 nor T431s seems to ship with an IPS screen.

<heresy>
  Lenovo=E2=80=99s lack of matte IPS screens in new models made me leave
  them after eight years with four different ThinkPads; I got an
  Asus Zenbook UX32VD instead. I miss the TrackPoint, but otherwise
  the machine is a wonder: 1920=C3=971080 IPS matte display, dual Intel
  and Nvidia graphics, a DIMM slot and a standard hard disk (plus
  a 24 GB SSD gumstick on the motherboard). I put an 8 GB RAM
  chip in the DIMM slot, replaced the 500 GB HDD with a 256 GB
  SSD, squeezed Windows 7 into the 24 GB SSD and I couldn=E2=80=99t be
  happier. Linux 3.8 kernels also support it in full.
</heresy>

=E2=80=94 Piotr Szotkowski
--=20
It=E2=80=99s da bomb. It=E2=80=99s phat. It rulez. Everything else sucks. B=
asically,
any affirming superlative describes Mutt accurately and well.
                                            [David T-G, debian-user]

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz--